Lecture: Advanced Quantum Mechanics (MSc)
Lecturer: David Gross. Exercises: Johan Aberg.
Here are the updated results for the second exam.
Here are the updated results for the first exam.
Here is the list of admissions for this year. Send an email to me (Johan Aberg) as soon as possible, if you are not included, but belive that you should be included. (Include name, matrikel number, and which group you belonged to.) Please note that this list only contain admissions from this year. I know nothing about admissions from previous years.
Here is the long awaited Test Exam. It should give a reasonable feeling for the type of questions that will be asked in the real exams.
This lecture covers more advanced aspects of quantum mechanics, where the topics include:
- Second quantization
- Quantum theory of light
- Relativistic quantum mechanics
- Scattering theory
- Some topics from quantum information theory and the application of group theory
Monday 10:00 - 11:30 HS III/ Tuesday 14:00 - 15:30 HS III
The first lecture is on October 7.
Some partial notes. Do not rely on them to cover the entire lecture!
Lecture notes for the lecture at October 15.
Lecture notes for the lecture at November 26.
The exercise classes take place on Wednesdays.
Klips is now is open for registration to the exercise groups. Please register to your preferred group.
|1||08:00 - 09:30||Old building, Seminar room Theory 215||Björn Ladewig|
|2||12:00 - 13:30||Old building, Seminar room Theory 215||Ori Alberton|
|3||12:00 - 13:30||New building, ETP 0.01||Heinrich Fröml|
|4||14:00 - 15:30||New building, ETP 0.03||Mariami Gachechiladze|
|5||16:00 - 17:30||HS III||Federico Tonielli|
Exercises will be posted on Mondays, and the solutions should be handed in the following Monday before the lecture. The sheets can be handed in via the boxes next to the entrance to the department of theoretical physics in the old building. The exercises will be corrected, and are discussed in the exercise classes on the following Wednesday.
The exercises can be handed in by groups of at most three people.
- Sheet 1 Due Monday October 14.
- Sheet 2 Due Monday October 21.
- Sheet 3 Due Monday October 28.
- Sheet 4 Due Monday November 4.
- Sheet 5 Due Monday November 11.
- Sheet 6 Due Monday November 18.
- Sheet 7 Due Monday November 25.
- Sheet 8 Due Monday December 2.
- Sheet 9 Due Monday December 9.
- Sheet 10 Due Monday December 16.
- Sheet 11 Due Monday January 13.
- Sheet 12 Due Monday January 20.
- Sheet 13 Due Monday January 27. This is counted as a bonus sheet.
For questions about the exercises, please contact: Johan Aberg.
Preliminary, informal, possible dates. Check KLIPS.
- Exam: February 13th, 2.30pm - 5.30pm, HS I
- Second exam: March 31st, 1pm - 4pm, HS II
To be admitted to the exam, one has to have gathered at least 50% of the points from the exercise sheets, as part of a group of up to three people.
More to be announced. For now:
- Sakurai: Modern Quantum Mechanics
- Ballentine: Quantum Mechanics